Last updated August 2012
The following Privacy & Cookies Statement is between You and GX Software B.V. (‘GX’) and its affiliated entities and governs your privacy and use of information. By accessing, browsing, or using this Website, which include our BlueConic Services Platform, You acknowledge that You have read, understood, and agree to be bound by these terms and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. If You do not agree to these terms, please do not use this Website.
This Privacy & Cookies Statement contains information regarding the objectives that We pursues when registering personal data collected on the Website and how You can exercise your rights with regard to your personal data.
1. TRUSTe's Privacy Seal
TRUSTe's mission, as an independent third party, is to accelerate online trust among persons, businesses and organizations globally through its leading privacy Trustmark and innovative trust solutions.
GX Software has been awarded TRUSTe's Privacy Seal signifying that this Statement and practices have been reviewed by TRUSTe for compliance with TRUSTe's program requirements and TRUSTed Cloud Program Requirements, including transparency, accountability and choice regarding the collection and use of your personal data. The TRUSTe program covers only information that is collected through www.gxsoftware.com as well as our BlueConic Services Platform (‘BlueConic’). The use of information collected through BlueConic shall be limited to the purpose of providing the service for which the Client has engaged GX Software. The TRUSTe program does not cover information that may be collected through downloadable software, or while on connect.gxsoftware.com and ww.wcmexchange.com platforms and services. However, this Privacy & Cookies Statement is applicable to such websites, platforms and services.
2. Collection of Personal data
You may choose to provide us with your Personal information directly in a variety of situations. For example, You may want to give us your name and contact information while on our Website to communicate with You, to process an order, to provide You with certain information, documentation or service, or to do business with us as either customer, supplier or other business partner.
We collect and process Personal data concerning clients and visitors to this Website and BlueConic for the benefit of the business operations of GX, in order to inform You about, and to make available information, documentation, services and other products that may be relevant to You, and to develop and to make those available, and to develop and update Website statistics This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and other data.
We also collect information when You interact with our (third party) social networking pages. For details regarding the required technical or other information collection and processing of Personal data, and which technologies we employ for such, see below at ‘Cookies Statement’.
3. Use of Personal data
Personal data that You provide may be used to contact You, and for example to keep You updated by means of one of our mailings You have subscribed to, or to offer You services that may be of interest to You, unless You inform Us that You do not wish to receive any offers regarding these services and other products.
By registering and/or submitting Personal data on our Website, You are also agreeing to the use of that information in accordance with this Privacy & Cookies Statement. We use your information You provide about Yourself to complete your requests. your Personal data is not used for other purposes, than the purposes for which You have provided the information to us, unless we obtain your permission, or unless otherwise required or permitted by law, or when we have a good faith belief that the disclosure is necessary to prevent or respond to fraud, defend our Websites or applications against attacks, or protect the property and safety of GX, our customers and users, or the public.
We will not use this Website to collect special Personal data such as information regarding political views, race, religious beliefs, health, criminal-law data, or other matters. We may share or publish aggregate information that doesn’t specifically identify You, such as statistical information about visitors to our Websites or statistical information about how customers use our applications.
You have several choices regarding your use of our Website. In general, You are not required to submit any Personal data when You visit our Website and related web pages, but GX may require You to provide certain Personal data in order for You to receive additional information about our events, documentation or services. Certain web pages may also ask for your permission for certain uses of your Personal data, and You can agree to or decline those uses.
If You wish to prevent cookies from tracking You as You navigate our Website, You can make use of the permission settings tool on our website. This tool is automatically loaded upon first visit of the site and after that it it accessible via an activation link from the bottom of all our webpages. You can also reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. Note, however, that in that casesome portions of our Website may not work properly if You elect to refuse all cookies.
You may opt-out of receiving GX Software marketing emails by clicking here or by following the unsubscribe instructions included in each marketing email.
To the extent consented by You, and to the extent permitted by law, we may (i) transfer collected personal information to third parties that help us provide this Website and our services to You within the consented or other legal purposes, and (ii) process and retain collected personal data for as long as needed to provide You services within the consented or other legal purpose.
If You have submitted Personal data to GX, You have the right to reasonable access to that data to correct any inaccuracies. GS has no direct relationship with the individuals whose Personal data it processes. You can also make a request to update or remove information about You by contacting email@example.com, and we will make all reasonable and practical efforts to comply with your request within 30 days, to the extent it is consistent with applicable law.
We also collect information for our customers using BlueConic, if You are a client of one of our customers and would no longer like to be contacted by those customer that uses our service, please contact said customer that You interact with directly.
We intend to protect your Personal information and to maintain its accuracy. GX implements reasonable physical, administrative and technical safeguards to help us protect your Personal information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as against unauthorized access, use and disclosure. For example, we encrypt certain sensitive Personal information such as usernames and passwords when we transmit such information over the Internet. We also require that our suppliers protect such information from unauthorized access, use and disclosure.
7. Children’s Privacy
GX understands and endorses the importance of protecting children's privacy, especially in an online environment. In particular, our Website is not intentionally designed for or directed at children under the age of 18. It is our policy never to knowingly collect or maintain personal data about anyone under the age of 18. If GX obtains any knowledge about personal data that relates to anyone under the age of 18, we will instantly remove those from our systems.
1. What are cookies?
There are many functions cookies serve. For example, they help us to remember your login data, authentication data, and other essential information, but also to help us to remember non-essential information such as you preferences. Also, these help you to analyze how well our Website is performing, or allow us to recommend you certain content we believe will be most relevant to You.
Certain cookies contain Personal information – for example, if You click to ‘remember me’ when logging in, a cookie will store your username. Most cookies won’t collect information that identifies You, and will instead collect more general information such as how users arrive at and use our Website, or a user’s general location. See for more information www.allaboutcookies.org.
2. What sort of cookies does GX use?
Generally, our cookies and similar technologies (‘Cookies’) perform the following different functions:
1. Essential/Required Cookies: These Cookies are essential for the core operation of our Website and are automatically enabled when You use the Website. We also store your permission setting in a Cookie to remember this for future visits (‘Opt-in/-out Cookie’).
2. Performance Cookies: These Cookies help to improve the performance of the Website, providing a better user experience. This allows us to provide You with a high quality experience by customizing our Website and content, and quickly identifying and fixing any issues that arise. For example, we use performance Cookies to keep track of which pages are most popular, which method of linking between pages is most effective, and to determine why some pages are receiving error messages. To the extent GX uses these Cookies, You can either enable or disable these Cookies.
3. Online Behavioral Cookies: These Cookies are used for customer profiling; GX Software uses its own online engagement software, BlueConic. BlueConic progressively builds an individual customer profile across several channels, from first touch of an anonymous visitor building up to a known customer in a CRM system. With all real-time channel switches and necessary identify transfers and mergers in between. This allows GX Software to dynamically segment these individuals based on these profiles. Then BlueConic serves the most relevant content on the GX Software website or initializes online interactions. Click the hyperlink, to learn more about BlueConic. You can either enable or disable these Cookies.
3. Third Parties
GX also uses or allows third parties to serve Cookies that fall into one of the four categories above. Please note that during your visit to the Website You may notice some Cookies that are related to third parties. For example, we use Google Analytics to help us monitor our Website traffic.
We may also use third party Cookies to help us with market research, improving Website functionality and monitoring compliance. Similarly, when You use one of the share buttons on the GX Website, a cookie may be set by the service You have chosen to share content through.
The Website and applications may include buttons, widgets, tools or content that link to other company services, for example a Facebook ‘Like’ button or the share button. We may collect information about your use of these features.
The permission for the use of these third party cookies is also controlled by the permission settings dialog that is provided on the Website. Once the permission has been granted, GX does not control the dissemination of these third party Cookies. You should check the relevant third party Website for more information about these.
4. What do we collect?
In accordance to the above in particular, and this Statement in general, GX Software collects:
• When you send us an e-mail: your name, e-mail address, and the content of your e-mail;
• Data about You by filling out and submitting a form or a field on the website, or register to connect.gxsoftware.com. This information could include for example your first and last name, mailing address, country of residence, e-mail address, telephone number, work address and other information. Of course, it is optional for You to provide such information;
• Emails we send you may include a web beacon/pixel tag that tells GX Software whether you have received or opened the e-mail, or clicked a link within the e-mail. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to customers;
• GX Software has its own pages on several social networking websites (for example, the GX Software Facebook page). We may collect information when You interact with our social networking pages.
5. How do we use collected information?
GX Software uses personal data we collect about You in a number of ways, such as:
• Providing You with the GX Software Websites in the best possible way, as well as any information you have requested;
• Better understanding how our Websites are being used so we can improve our products, services, content, and marketing;
• Tailoring a website, application, or GX Software marketing campaign to your likely interests, using BlueConic;
• Sending you business messages such as those related to payments or expiration of your subscription;
• Sending you information about GX Software, latest product announcements, software updates, upcoming events, and similar information;
• For internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve GX Software’s products, services, and customer communications;
• Conducting market research about our customers, their interests, and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns;
• Reducing fraud, software piracy, and protecting our customers as well as GX Software.
6. How can I control these Cookies?
If You want to receive certain categories of Cookies on the GX Website, You can opt-in to them using of the permission settings tool on our website. This tool is automatically loaded upon first visit of the site and after that it it accessible via an activation link from the bottom of all our webpages.
We will need to set the Essential/Required Cookies so that we can remember your choices when You next visit the Website from the same browser. At the present time it is not technically possible for us to allow You to carry your settings with You between your browsers and devices so You will need to change these settings from each browser You use, for example Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, Chrome, and other.
Please also be aware that we make every effort to respect your choices, however, there is the possibility that not all Cookies will be captured. If this is a concern then we would recommend that You change your cookie settings via your browser; your browser help function will tell You how.
Note: The GX Website does not work correctly without Essential/Required Cookies. Furthermore, You will lose some features, benefits and functionality if You choose to disable other Cookies.
From time to time, we will revise this Privacy & Cookies Statement, without further notice. We recommend that You regularly check whether the Privacy & Cookies Statement has been revised. However, we will notify You via a prominent notifications on our Website and/or Services Platform about any major changes that would negatively impact your interests, although we are not envisioning any such changes in the near future. The Privacy & Cookies Statement does not apply to third-party Websites that may be accessed through links on this Website.
2. Applicable law
The Privacy & Cookies Statement is exclusively governed by the laws of the Netherlands. Any and all disputes that may arise with respect to the Privacy & Cookies Statement will be referred exclusively to the competent court in the Netherlands.
Queries regarding this Privacy & Cookies Statement, regarding insight into and the accuracy of personal data that You provided to us via this Website, or requests to have outdated information deleted, may be submitted to our Privacy Officer via the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. If You are not satisfied with our response You can also contact TRUSTe. If You do not wish to receive any marketing information from us, You can also use that email address to notify us of your wishes. Thank you.
6538 SW Nijmegen